Sunday, February 9, 2014
This is Happening.
Finally.
For over a year now I have thought about - and thought about, and thought about -starting a blog. I was originally going to do it to chronicle our pregnancy, then I was going to do it to document our son, Eli's, birth and all of his milestones along the way, but now, somehow, we are just a short ten weeks away from his first birthday and the only entry I have is a test post.
With a date of July 2013.
Yikes! Where does the time go?
...
It seems that almost daily I have an idea or thought that I want to blog about, but it just never happens. I'm sure it's because I put too much pressure on myself.
pressure for my blog to look legit ...
pressure for my thoughts to be profound ...
pressure to have a reading audience of someone other than my husband and my mother (although they are the first people I would want to read it) ...
and probably, most of all, pressure to finish what I start. I don't like to start and stop a project, so I can only imagine how I will feel if I don't finish a blog post.
I'm a perfectionist.
So, I'm making a deal with myself to try to blog amount something - anything - on a weekly basis ...
documenting my thoughts on the things I'm passionate about... family, faith, fitness, fashion and food* ... but, in all honesty, I have no doubt these posts will mostly be about Eli.
Why wouldn't they be? What a great outlet to keep memories for him that he can read years down the road.
Because, to be completely real, I have his baby book sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for words to be penned inside. I'll make a deal with myself on that too one day, but for now, I'm conquering the blog.
#imexcited**
________________________
*Yes, I realize that the "things I'm passionate about" all start with the letter "F". I tried to come up with a blog name to incorporate all of them but everything sounded super cheesy. I'm sure "Forever + Everts" isn't cheesy, though. Not at all.
** One day, when Eli is reading this blog post, he'll ask me what " #imexcited " means. I'll tell him that, at the time, hashtags were #alltherage. Then he can laugh and roll his eyes at me because it seems so silly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.